HKBU confers Honorary University Fellowships upon seven distinguished persons
Mr. Michael Hui joined the ceremony online
Mr. Kenneth Kwok posed for a photo with his family
Mr. David Lee and his family and friends
Dr. Eddie Ho’s friends and HKBU representatives extended their warmest congratulations to him
The University held its 15th Honorary University Fellowship Conferment Ceremony on 30 September 2020. Honorary University Fellowships were conferred upon seven distinguished persons, including members of the HKBU Foundation and donors of the University, in recognition of their significant contributions to society and their staunch support of the University.
The seven recipients are:
- Mr. Chan Koon Chung, renowned Sinophone writer;
- Dr. Eddie Ho Kang Wai, Chairman, Board of Directors of Hong Kong Baptist Hospital and Member of the Alumni Committee of the HKBU Foundation;
- Mr. Michael Hui Wah Kit, Managing Director of Freedom Industrial Corporation Limited, Honorary Court member and donor of the University;
- Dr. Lee Shiu, Chairman of Lee Shiu Family Foundation Limited and Honorary Permanent President of the HKBU Foundation;
- Mr. David Lee Wai Hung, former Chairman of the Lee Kum Kee Family Foundation and Honorary Vice-President of the HKBU Foundation;
- Mr. Song Dong, renowned contemporary artist.
- Mr. Kenneth Kwok Ka Ching, one of last year’s recipients, Director of Eagle Wide Limited and representative of the Kwok Chung Bo Fun Charitable Foundation, Honorary Permanent President of the HKBU Foundation.
Speaking at the Ceremony, Professor Roland T. Chin, President and Vice-Chancellor, acknowledged the seven Honorary University Fellowship recipients as models of excellence who are innovators, pioneers and leaders in their professions.
A number of Foundation members attended the Ceremony to share the joy of the recipients. They included Mr. Leon Chan; Professor Ho Kin Chung, BBS, JP; Mr. Raymond Kwok; Dr. Joseph Lee, GBS, OStJ, JP; Mr. Alex Leung; Professor Ng Ching Fai, GBS; Mr. Tyrone Siu; Ms. Marianna Tsang; Professor James Tsien; Mr. Kent Tsui; Mr. Wong Nga Chung; Professor Sunny Wong; and Dr. Alex Yu.