The Hong Kong Baptist University Foundation is committed to:
- further enhancing the concept of endowment to the University;
- broadening the University's support base and strengthening relationships with donors;
- formulating strategies to strengthen the fundraising capabilities of the University.
Use of Funds
The University has formulated Vision 2020, a comprehensive blueprint that charts HKBU's development over the current decade. Through the implementation of the three strategic focuses, namely Quality Teaching and Learning, Innovative Research, and Community Engagement, HKBU pledges to become the regional leader in Whole Person Education to deliver academic excellence and innovation. The Foundation's focus is in complete accordance with the University's vision, sustaining all funding sources for the following initiatives:
Teaching and Learning
- To improve teaching and learning quality for the further enhancement of our provision of Whole Person Education and to provide best value-addedness to HKBU students through an excellent teaching and learning environment.
- To promote a research culture that sharpens research performance and to establish a critical mass of research talent for the promotion of interdisciplinary research.
- To upgrade the campus facilities to create superlative teaching, research and learning environments that stimulate creativity in all fields.
- To provide scholarships and bursaries to finance the studies of students and to offer them overseas exchange opportunities to widen their horizons.
- To promote an enhanced international environment on campus and to welcome world-renowned scholars to the University for fruitful and enlightening academic exchange.
- To take the leading role in serving community needs with HKBU's strengths and to integrate research outputs into community service through effective knowledge transfer activities.