The Hong Kong Baptist University Foundation is committed to:
- further enhancing the concept of endowment to the University;
- broadening the University's support base and strengthening relationships with donors;
- formulating strategies to strengthen the fundraising capabilities of the University.
Use of Funds
As set out in its Institutional Strategic Plan 2018-2028, the University strives to offer the best student experience, promote research excellence and build capacity in human capital and campus facilities. Our vision is to be a leading, research-led, liberal arts University in Asia for the world, delivering academic excellence in a caring, creative and global culture. Serving as the University’s solid financial bedrock in support of its ongoing advancement, the Foundation allocates donations in accordance with the donors’ wishes to support the following major types of initiatives. They are:
Teaching and Learning
- To improve teaching and learning quality for the further enhancement of our provision of Whole Person Education and to provide best value-addedness to HKBU students through an excellent teaching and learning environment.
- To promote a research culture that sharpens research performance and to establish a critical mass of research talent for the promotion of interdisciplinary research.
- To upgrade the campus facilities to create superlative teaching, research and learning environments that stimulate creativity in all fields.
- To provide scholarships and bursaries to finance the studies of students and to offer them overseas exchange opportunities to widen their horizons.
- To promote an enhanced international environment on campus and to welcome world-renowned scholars to the University for fruitful and enlightening academic exchange.
- To take the leading role in serving community needs with HKBU's strengths and to integrate research outputs into community service through effective knowledge transfer activities.