Second Meeting of HKBU．ASHWORTH Golf Day 2020 Organising Committee
The “HKBU．ASHWORTH Golf Day 2020” was held with great success on 30 October 2020 at the Eden Course of The Hong Kong Golf Club in Fanling. It successfully raised HK$2,220,000 in support of the University’s strategic development, particularly the six newly established interdisciplinary research laboratories to expand its research strengths, Project SEED (Students Engagement, Enrichment & Development), and the provision of scholarships for the needy students who want to further their studies or to participate in overseas exchange activities. Presided by its Co-Chairman Dr. Ronald Lu, the second meeting of the Organising Committee was held on 14 January 2021 to evaluate the event and to plan for the next Golf Day. The following persons have accepted our invitation to serve as members of the Organising Committee of the HKBU Golf Day in 2021:
- Dr. Ronald Lu, Chairman of Ronald Lu & Partners
- Ir Dr. K.K. Wong, GBS, JP, FHKEng, Chairman of the Kum Shing Group
- Mr. Nelson Lam, Merchandising Director of Great Power Garment Ltd.
- Mr. Timothy Lam Jr., Governing Director of The Chung Shun Land Investment Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Lau Pak Shing, Managing Director of Compass Holdings Ltd.
- Prof. William Leung, SBS, JP, Executive Chairman and Executive Director of Planetree International Development Limited
- Mr. So Wing Kin, Managing Director of Glad Link Properties Ltd.
- Dr. Simon Suen, BBS, JP, Founder of the SML Group
- Mrs. Lily Chan, Director of University Advancement of HKBU and Secretary-General of the HKBU Foundation
- Dr. Melanie Lee, Director of Alumni Affairs, HKBU
- Dr. Lobo Louie, Associate Professor of the Department of Sport, Physical Education and Health, HKBU
- Mr. Tang Kim Fai, Former Lecturer of the Department of Sport, Physical Education and Health, HKBU
This year’s Golf Day will be held on 29 October 2021 (Friday) at the Eden Course of The Hong Kong Golf Club in Fanling. Details of the event will be announced later. Please stay tuned.